The Trade Specialist role will play a key role assisting the Financial Service Manager in managing Price and Trade spend within the Canada Warehouse-Delivered Route to Market, inclusive of brand Minute Maid, Simply, Fruitopia, Five Alive, Nestea and Odwalla, for both Large Format and Small Format customer channels. This role will focus on managing the financial side of Customer Marketing Agreements. This calls for accurately interpreting contract terms and validating proper set up customer pricing and accruals. Provides analysis to determine if accounts associated with Trade are free of material misstatements based on a calculated materiality threshold. Provides correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Standard Accounting Manual (SAM). This role ensures that the controls surrounding the Trade process are adequate and effective. Position interfaces with Sales and Finance and Shared Services. Key Responsibilities
- Interpret customer funding contract terms to establish accurate accruals in the Sub ledger for a broad range of funding programs for National and Small Format Chanel.
- Collaborate with broad range of stakeholders including Sales, Finance, and IT to clarify programs/funding, educate users on proper off invoice processes, provide additional reporting, answer inquiries and other ad hoc requests as required.
- Responsible for monthly sub ledger routines for all major customer teams, as well as visibility to trade balance of fund.
- Process accurate and timely trade deductions/payment, manual and system checks as well as settlement of post audits and re-bills as required.
- Manage customer Trade fund to comply with GAAP, SAM and Sarbanes-Oxley regulations including timely sales confirmations, adequate payment support and audit processes. Ensure proper close out and adjustment to accurately reflect financial impacts.
- Build & maintain relationships and routines necessary to meet all compliance and customer service requirements.
- Utilize a variety of systems and tools to develop and analyze financial and/or customer impacts as required.
- Prepare and/or process journal vouchers / reconciliations / reporting as required.
- Work with Finance leadership to identify and document new and/or modified processes and controls to continuously drive process improvements and efficiencies.
- The successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic, can-do attitude, an attention to details, intellectual curiosity, strong analytical skills and solid communication skills.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business with a focus on Finance is required; preference to those who are working towards their Master's Degree or their Accounting Designation
- 2+ years of experience in trade management is required plus some experience and knowledge of warehouse route to market; preference to those who have strong knowledge and understanding of the warehouse delivered route to market and / or previous sales finance support.
Coca-Cola Limited is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have a number of programs and policies in place to support this goal. For individuals with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request. Should you require an accommodation, please contact our KO HR team by calling 1-877-677-6774.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At Coca-Cola Ltd. (Canada) you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
No relocation offered for this role
Back to top