Eaton’s Electrical Supply Services Group is seeking a Senior Cost Accountant. The Senior Cost Accountant will be based at the Fayetteville, NC facility.
Position Overview :
The Senior Cost Accountant plans and performs professional accounting functions in all areas of cost accumulation and financial analysis for Motor Control Centers, Standard Control, Enclosed Control, Custom OEM Control and Semiconductor Control product lines. This position also initiates and oversees functions for month-end sales and cost reports, financial statements and account analysis. The Financial Analyst performs monthly price analysis and detailed analysis of inflation and material cost standards changes, including surcharge analysis. This role also plans and develops reports related to accounting activities, and performs inventory analysis and the monthly roll-forward. The Financial Analyst assists in meeting monthly SOX requirements. As part of the Accounting team, this position also has an integral part in the monthly closing cycle.
Essential Functions :
- Maintain P&L’s for all five product line statements. Perform profitability/cost analysis for the Product Lines as required include calculating customer job level profitability.
- Analyze monthly inflation and standard material cost changes including metals surcharges. Coordinate standard cost updates as required (at least one annually). Analyze inflation impact by product line.
- Perform Quarterly plant budget allocation review with Plant Staff for Product Line analysis and adjustments.
- Perform monthly product line price analysis including review of the RPI Report and preparation of the Sales/Cost analysis report.
- Perform cost analysis and tracking for cost saving projects including audit of significant cost savings projects and Capital Type “B” (Productivity) projects.
- Costing: Perform manual costing of orders as required. Perform monthly bill of material audits. Track change notice activity and audit for inclusion in bill of materials.
- Coordinate the plant’s cost out initiatives by organizing a cross functional team, monitoring project progress, and assessing viability of new projects.
- Maintain the accuracy of intercompany cross charges and assist intercompany trading partners with analysis as appropriate.
- Review MPV data each month and correct all related errors between standard cost and vendor charges.
- Prepare monthly the Inventory Roll Forward as required by SOX.
- Combine all Product Line Orders and Backlog data for the Fayetteville Plant.
- Assist in the monthly Financial Forecast as required.
- Prepare Account Reconciliation for assigned accounts each month.
- Assist the Controller with special projects as needed.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited institution.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in cost accounting and/or manufacturing financial analysis.
- Proficiency with ERP/MRP systems.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office, to include Excel (pivot tables, v look-ups).
Position Criteria :
- Understanding of professional accounting and cost accounting principles, standards and practices.
- Knowledge of accounting related computer systems.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.