Please note that the requirements specified in this posting are the basic qualifications required for the (Senior Financial Accounting Analyst); however, job title will be dependent on the candidate's level of experience in those requirements. OBJECTIVES:
The purpose of this position is to conduct the more complex activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts and for developing financial statements and reports. Additionally, this position participates in the preparation of certain financial analysis and assists in the preparation of budget/forecast. The Senior Financial Accounting Analyst may also provide direction and training to less experienced accounting staff on an informal basis. ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Prepare financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flows, and other reports
- Prepare financial statement disclosure information
- Analyze accounts, financial reports, and records
- Prepare and post journal entries to accounting system
- Review and verify accuracy of journal/ledger entries
- Process, reconcile and analyze interface of operations data to the accounting system
- Participate in special accounting projects and studies
- Develops, or assists in developing, accounting methods and/or procedures through detailed accounting research of IFRS
- Coordinate accounting matters with other departments and external auditors
- Maintain master data elements of accounting system, SAP
- Coordination of accounting matters with parent company and other affiliates
- Prepare periodic reports for Takeda business partners
- Develop detailed explanation for variances between actual and plan on a monthly basis for assigned areas.
- Design and distribute monthly reporting packages to senior management, summarizing financial results. Design and implement solutions to streamline processes and create operational efficiencies.
- Assist with financial planning processes for assigned areas
- Serve as financial representative on key cross-functional teams and proactively provide advisory services.
- May include team leadership activities or oversight of staff activities.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or a Bachelors degree in finance with relevant accounting coursework and 5+ years relevant accounting experience
- 5+ years of corporate accounting or finance experience or 3+ years of public accounting experience
- Takeda Operations - comprehensive understanding of Takeda's operating structure and methods including a thorough knowledge of the foreign-owned parent company
- Accounting - understanding of moderately complex accounting concepts, including knowledge ofU.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Company Policies, Procedures and Process Flows - understanding of how work is done and flow of business within Takeda
- Information Management - comprehensive understanding of the methods and electronic tools used to store, retrieve, and process information
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated business impact in previous position(s).
- Communication - ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner
- Technical - ability to use various types of hardware and software
- Knowledge of SAP desired, but not required
- None Required. CPA highly desired
- Manual dexterity required too operate office equipment (i.e., computers, phones, etc.)
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects
Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/clients sites - limited overnight. Some international travel may be required ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Responsibilities may require telepresence as well as phone calls with global affiliates outside of standard working hours. we are driven to improve people's lives www.takedajobs.com Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please. *LI-TC1-USA Schedule
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered, supported and inspired to use their unique talents toward our mission to serve patients.