The Nashville Shared Services Center is looking for the right candidate to join the management staff, assuming the title of Financial Accounting Supervisor. This position will interact with division accountants as well as supervise the day-to-day responsibilities within Financial Accounting.
This position is responsible for supervising various general ledger and month-end close accounting activities. Required for the position is a proficiency in the areas of general accounting, account reconciliation, problem solving, process improvement, and financial analysis. The position must work well in a team environment and have excellent communication & organizational skills. This individual must have the ability to understand and coordinate complex workflows from operating facilities. The Financial Accounting Supervisor acts as a mentor/advisor to Senior and Staff Accountants.
- Work with Financial Leadership to drive the month-end close activity processes
- Be the primary contact for the field on assigned accounting matters
- Work effectively with internal customers and other team members to deliver quality accounting services in a timely and professional manner
- Work with appropriate corporate and business unit representatives to design, test, and implement consistent “best practice” solutions
- Provide leadership, supervision, analysis and insight to team members
- Oversee the general ledger and sub ledger production process, provide applicable instructions and problem solving as needed
- Meet monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close deadlines
- Coordinate accounting matters with other NSSC departments, SSC (offshore) and company locations (i.e. Financial Reporting, AP, Payroll, Corp Tax, IT, etc)
- Provide training and development opportunities to the financial accounting team
- Identify and implement ideas and practices to improve process and/or accuracy
- Special projects, reports and/or perform other duties as assigned, requested, or self determined