Overview of the role:
The Financial Analysis Associate - Business Unit Support position will support the Director of Financial Analysis, CFO, and business unit leaders in executing both department level initiatives and Hartford Funds overall enterprise strategy. This is an ideal entry level role for someone looking to launch their career in the investment management industry.
• Assist in providing direct finance support to our Investment Advisory and Product business units.
• Develop and maintain profitability analyses to evaluate new or existing products.
• Assist with preparation of quarterly mutual fund board materials.
• Collaborate to build detailed financial models to support strategic and operational planning.
• Deliver timely financial analytics and business reporting to effectively measure business performance against strategic priorities.
• Improve financial status by analyzing results and variances, identifying trends and recommending actions.
• Assist Financial Planning & Analysis team in planning and forecasting activities.
• Perform ad hoc reporting requests, research and financial analysis.
• Ongoing commitment to identify and implement process improvements for operational efficiencies and enhanced analytics.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting.
• 0-3 years of business experience. Financial services or asset management experience a plus.
• Strong analytical skills and understanding of the foundational financial concepts including breakeven analysis, sensitivity modeling, and financial statement analysis.
• Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required. Comfortable analyzing and manipulating large data sets in Microsoft Excel.
• Strong organization and critical thinking skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities and deadlines.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability or willingness to learn how to summarize complex financial concepts and articulate to all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Results oriented, accountable, motivated and flexible.
WHY JOIN HARTFORD FUNDS?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Wayne, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs. Hartford Funds has total assets under management of $91.5 billion as of June 30, 2017 (excluding assets used in certain annuity products). Hartford Funds are primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
At Hartford Funds, we believe in human-centric investing-a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
Hartford Funds embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit where all employees are encouraged to 'act like an owner' of the firm, and live Hartford Funds' human-centric investing approach. Employees work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, that is focused on strengthening financial advisor-client relationships by helping investors better realize their true life goals.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At Hartford Funds, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
This position may be subject to The Hartford Funds political contributions policy.
Hartford Funds is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Hartford Funds maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD