Ethicon, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Financial Analyst to be located in Juarez, MX. This position may involve up to 5% travel.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and electiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The Financial Analyst will:
• Prepare monthly closing activities.
• Support financial reporting activities for area of responsibility, providing accurate, timely & meaningful information to influence best business decisions.
• Assist department expense & capital budgeting / tracking / reporting.
• Assist month-end expense & cost budgeting/tracking/reporting.
• Perform analysis of capital appropriation requests and monthly spending of approved capital.
• Prepare balance sheet and expense account analysis.
• Assist in Financial Audits.
• Provide education on & ensure adherence to Internal Control Policies & Procedures.
• Develop financial forecasts for plant operations.
• Manage the Cost revision and the BP process.
• Analyze/evaluate cost reduction projects.
• Support Custom requirements: product cost, cost submission, inventory valuation.
• Support Asset Reconfiguration projects.
• Support New products cost analysis.
• Drive plant efforts to meet its financial commitments.
• Comply with fiscal and J & J requirements.
• Follow all company safety policies and other safety precautions within the work area.
• Ensure compliance with Environmental Management System (EMS) responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
• Minimum of 6 months of finance, accounting, business or related internship experience is required.
• CPA, MBA, or CMA is preferred.
• Bilingual English/Spanish is required.
• Sound analytical and technical skills are required.
• Knowledge and application of accounting/financial concepts, practices and techniques are required.
• Knowledge of a variety of computer software packages particularly Excel (Intermediate level that includes formulas and pivot tables), PowerPoint, and General Ledger is required.
• Must be self-motivated, team oriented and have excellent communication, interpersonal skills is required.
• Demonstrated ability to remain flexible, prioritize and respond to changing needs of the business is required.