Accountemps is looking for a temporary Financial Analyst for well known company. In this position, you will conduct financial modeling on various financial products as well as measure, analyze and forecast performance in conjunction with operating plans. Additional duties include be responsible for advising management on the allocation of resources to best accomplish objectives and preparing reports for management. You will be a part of a dynamic team being a key business partner in areas such as forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management.
Role & Responsibilities
We are seeking a Financial Analyst who can support world class strategic and financial planning methods, build long-range operating plans to support business imperatives, develop rolling forecast processes to ensure resources each and every quarter are consumed at maximum effectiveness. You will also help with operationalizing and cultivating a more data-driven planning process and improved monthly and quarterly reporting. In this role, you will be directly involved in the coordination of the various planning cycles (annual planning, quarterly forecasts and monthly outlooks), and be the finance point person working a cross-functional team (Sales leadership, Business Operations, and Sales Operations) while providing strategic analyses and recommendations. You will provide variance analysis of bookings, revenues and expenses, clearly explaining the business reasons for variances and adjusting the outlook models to reflect operational adjustments.
• Seeking a highly flexible individual comfortable with large amounts of information, and adept at managing expectations
• Supporting weekly, quarterly and annual Area/Segment level Bookings and P&L forecasting
• Analyzing performance to date and assessing potential risks and opportunities
• Understanding and explaining internal and external drivers impacting performance and trending
• Learning and applying econometric and statistical methods to forecasting
• Drive the strategy and business planning process
• Work with senior executives on strategic deep dives by developing financial models and insights on topics such as: Retention forecasts, Campaign Planning & Tracking, return on investment of strategic investments, event tracking and execution, strategic resource allocation and prioritization
• Track monthly and quarterly performance through comparison of actuals versus expectations and enable business partners to handle their resources in the best way possible
• Drive monthly reporting to business partners on financial results and actions required
• Work with Accounting on the monthly and quarterly financial close process
• BA/BS degree from a top-tier university with strong academic performance
• 2-5 years of experience in a highly quantitative role
• Experience in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
• Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills
• Ability to simplify complex problems and build solutions
• Strong Microsoft Excel and computer skills (prior experience programming a big plus)
• Able to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
• High Degree of proficiency in Excel
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.