The Woman's Hospital Of Texas
An HCA Affiliated Hospital Financial Analysts - Fulltime
Financial Analysts provide crucial insight into business operations through analyses of practice operations, review of performance benchmarking and assisting in business forecasting.
Career opportunities are extensive for top talent. With 14 division offices, Financial Analysts have room to move and grow their careers. The HCA organization as a whole has many accounting and finance opportunities throughout the country and many of today's leaders got their start within the Physician Services Group. In addition to the duties described in the primary job description Financial Analysts have responsibilities which include:
Qualifications: The knowledge, skills and abilities we seek include:
- Prepare monthly reports for corporate data submissions and compile information to evaluate performance in relation to benchmarks
- Prepare detailed monthly actual to budget variance reports to support practice management
- Assist in training of new/existing financial staff as needed
- Assist practice management, as needed with financial information requests and questions
- Participate in development and detailed review of operation budgets and performance benchmarks
- Ensure that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved
- Maintain strictest confidentiality to ensure that privileged and/or proprietary information is adequately safeguarded against disclosure
- Knowledge of accounting theory, principles and practices sufficient to identify and describe accounting systems and sub-systems.
- Knowledge of the financial accounting process.
- Knowledge of research techniques to analyze and evaluate financial data and information.
- Knowledge of accounting information systems.
- Proficiency with PC-based spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze financial reports.
- Ability to prepare statistical and narrative accounting reports.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to organize work independently and consistently achieve reporting deadlines.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field as required;
additional related experience would be considered in lieu of a completed degree program EXPERIENCE:
1-3 years of healthcare financial analysis required. We offer a generous compensation package including:
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts,
along with other voluntary benefit options and programs.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom