Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- The Financial Analyst assists in the preparation of reimbursement, cost and HCCB reports while facilitating management review by providing schedules and reports according to established department guidelines.
- Ensures accuracy and timely submittal of the monthly financial statement; verifies all monthly journal entries and related schedules are accurately completed.
- Assists in the preparation of reimbursement projects and reports. Produces statistical reports and schedules that reflect the performance of various hospital entities and quantifies variances of key indicators in support of hospital operations.
- Maintains monthly workbooks that capture key organizational indicators (as defined by department) with 100% accuracy.
- Prepares QMIRS operating statistics and financial information, including budget, monthly projections and other reporting in thorough and accurate manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED/ SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business or related field from an accredited college or university.
- One to two years experience in general ledger and financial reporting
- Proficient in Excel
- Good organization, verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service, organizational, analytical skills. Good grammar/spelling; ability to follow verbal instructions; read and comprehend written instruction.
- Computer experience: Intermediate MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Mathematical and analytical skills required.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills required.
- Interpersonal skills to deal effectively with individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Thorough knowledge of healthcare accounting and operations is preferable.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom