Parallon pioneered the modern-day concept of healthcare shared services more than 12 years ago, perfecting revenue cycle management best practices and customizable technologies for the industry's largest healthcare provider in 700 facilities and 1000 physician practices. Today, our team of more than 13,000 revenue cycle professionals applies unmatched expertise, scale and proven processes daily to improve financial performance and long-term sustainability at facilities nationwide.
Job Summary - The Financial Analyst provides operational and financial analysis to SSC operational unit leaders and senior leadership. The Financial Analyst II generates and delivers variance analysis, reports key financial statistics and assists business unit leaders in managing information effectively to optimize departmental efficiency and performance.
Supervisor -Financial Analysis Manager
Supervises - N/A
Shift: Days, some weekends
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Works closely with operations departments to assess and report performance.
• Coordinates scheduled and ad hoc data and analysis requests across SSC operational units
• Develop, test and deliver scheduled and adhoc reports
• Assists in the development of financial data collection and measurement tools within the SSC.
• Proactively review and provide data analysis and financial impact assessments to support SSC operations
• Prepares and analyzes monthly MORs.
• Prepares uncompensated care projections and variance analysis for accounts receivable and net revenue performance.
• Monitor defined reports and work with applicable departments to ensure AR is properly stated at month end.
• Creates and supports exception-based report generation for all departments.
• Assist in translating business reporting requirements to development staff.
• Assist Manager in managing information effectively to improve departmental efficiency and performance.
• Understands revenue cycle operations and technologies currently in place.
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement."
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Financial analysis skills - knowledge of research techniques sufficient to collect and interpret data. Knowledge of descriptive statistics to analyze statistical data and prepare projections. Skill in interpreting and analyzing data. Skill in examining documents and quantitative metrics for correctness and accuracy. Ability to apply business intelligence strategies to convert business cases into solutions. Knowledge of legal and fiscal requirements and regulations.
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately.
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs effectively.
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with others.
• PC skills - demonstrates advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office suite, and in other applications as required. Demonstrate knowledge of relational databases, including SQL queries.
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
• Basic skills - able to perform mathematical calculations and understands basic accounting functions.
• Bachelor's degree with focus in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other Business-related field, required.
• Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement
• 2-3 years progressive accounting/finance experience required, preferably in healthcare revenue cycle preferred.
• Basic SQL and/or Business Objects query writing experience preferred.
Parallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation.
Lack of information can delay the application process, and therefore applicants should be thorough in completing the online application.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom