It's an exciting time to work at Cisco. Every day we connect people to the network and make it come to life. Whether it's using e-learning to educate students far from city centers or downloading the entire Library of Congress in seconds, our networking technology has not only revolutionized the way people do things, but who they are. People are more informed, more efficient, and more involved. With all forms of communications converging onto the network, Cisco is entering an exciting new era. The concept of the network as the platform for transforming life's experiences is no longer a possibility: It is quickly becoming a reality. And Cisco is leading the experience.
The Business Technology and Operations Finance team (BTOF) has an opportunity for a Finance Analyst (FP&A)
supporting the Meraki Business Unit. This position is located in San Francisco, but may require travel to San Jose on an ad hoc basis.Key Responsibilities:
- Understands various Cisco financial systems and drives business insights, reporting and analytics for where data analysis is key input in business decisions.
- Forecasts, analyzes, reports and recommends changes to financial and operational information and revenue, profitability, and cost management to achieve the desired goals, while ensuring compliance to internal standards.
- Maintains and generates accurate accounting records and support/analysis for entries to ledgers.
- Supports key run the business integration activities for financial planning, accounting, reporting, and consolidation of Meraki into Cisco.
• Identifies the root cause of issues and implementation plan to improve systems, processes and controls.
• Creates, implements, trains and maintains systems, procedures and policies to ensure adherence to company guidelines and Audit/SOX compliance.
• Works cross functionally with business leaders, finance, accounting, tax and audit to answer financial questions/concerns. Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Related field (Finance or Accounting preferred)
- At least 2-4 years of related experience in Finance , Accounting, Audit or related areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong financial analysis and cost management skills with a proven track record
- Capable of working cross functionally with teams and commit to deadlines, fostering a positive work environment
- Ability to actively manage competing deliverables to meet business commitments and partners' expectations
- Strong team player, capable of dealing with complex issues
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Knowledge of Great Plains Accounting or Oracle is a plus
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.