Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a Financial Analyst at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
The Financial Planning and Analysis/Business Decision Support organization is looking for a qualified Financial Analyst to support and partner with our HyCO Americas California and Canada business areas as we pursue our profitability and growth targets. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong financial analysis skills, including both operational and cash flow analysis, integrate with the business leadership teams to influence decisions, communicate effectively and participate on broader business teams as needed, and utilize critical thinking and analytical skills to find solutions to business problems. The analyst will participate in business strategy efforts and participate in the annual strategy and operating plan processes.
The HyCO Americas California and Canada business consists of >$400 million in revenue and > $1B in assets. These are profitable businesses with high expectation for the future. The successful candidate must be proactive in partnering with the business team and other functions to drive results thru the effective use of financial skills, data analysis, and effective influencing skills. The ability to demonstrate speed and self-confidence as well as the ability to self-educate and work independently are required. Key responsibilities include:
- Comprehensive analytical/financial support of business management and cross functional support teams.
- Support business strategy development, profitability improvement efforts, customer profitability measures, planning efforts and best practice sharing.
- Operational analysis in support of understanding and explaining results, creating major factors analysis, and providing detailed insights into the key drivers of business performance.
- Cash flow analysis of investment and pricing decisions including plant expansions, product sourcing decisions, new and existing customer pricing, and greenfield facilities.
- Coordination of operating plans and forecasts.
- Financial analysis of special projects or activities.
In addition, the preferred candidate will have a demonstrated record of achievement and success through taking on higher levels of responsibility as well as leading and influencing decisions across multiple levels of an organization.Qualifications:
- Candidates should have a minimum of 2-3 years of financial analysis experience
- Strong influencing interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Motivated self-starter
- Strong computer application and analytical skills required
- Very strong excel skills are required
- MBA required
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The company's core Industrial Gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The company's Performance Materials Division serves the polyurethanes, cleaning and coatings, and adhesives industries. The company had fiscal 2016 sales of $9.5 billion and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 17,000 employees in 50 countries strive to make Air Products the world's safest and best performing Industrial Gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #19825BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Air Products has been enabling its customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for 75 years.