Physician Services Group (PSG) is a part of HCA, the world's largest for-profit healthcare provider. Our mission at PSG is to practice the best medicine, produce superior patient experiences, achieve operational excellence and collaborate with other health care partners, so that the communities we serve reap the benefits of high-quality, cost-effective care.
With over 13,000 employees nationwide, the medical teams at PSG support over 800 physician practices and have over 9 million patient encounters annually.
Career opportunities are extensive for top talent. The HCA organization as a whole has many accounting and finance opportunities throughout the country and many of today's leaders got their start within the Physician Services Group.
Financial Analysts are responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely preparation of work papers and analyses to report practice operations, review performance benchmarks and assists in business forecasting.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Qualifications: Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Prepare journal entries, projections and account reconciliations as required to accurately report/ forecast operational performance.
- Prepare monthly reports for corporate data submissions and compile information to evaluate performance in relation to benchmarks.
- Prepare detailed monthly actual to budget variance reports to support practice management.
- Assist in training of new/existing financial staff as needed.
- Assist practice management, as needed with financial information requests and questions.
- Participate in development and detailed review of operation budgets and performance benchmarks.
- Ensure that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Knowledge of accounting theory, principles and practices sufficient to identify and describe accounting systems and sub-systems.
- Knowledge of the financial accounting process.
- Knowledge of research techniques to analyze and evaluate financial data and information.
- Knowledge of accounting information systems.
- Proficiency with PC-based spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze financial reports.
- Ability to prepare statistical and narrative accounting reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to organize work independently and consistently achieve reporting deadlines.
- Ability to interact with other individuals at all levels of management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field as required.
- Additional related experience would be considered in lieu of a completed degree program.
- Two years of progressive accounting experience is highly preferred.
- Physician practice management or healthcare-related environment is a plus.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom