This Senior Financial Analyst role supporting Oracle Data Cloud, one of the fastest growing and most strategically important businesses for Oracle, plays an integral role in overseeing the monthly and quarterly financial close process and liaising as the go-to expert on Oracle Data Cloud with multiple Finance and Accounting teams across Oracle. Main responsibilities include owning the Finance-related close process, reviewing revenue recognition support and completing recurring audit exercises. Works closely with cross-functional teams including Global Controller Organization, Royalties and Oracle Data Cloud Sales.
- Manage and streamline financial close process
- Review and analyze revenue and cost results for accuracy and adherence to financial policies and internal controls
- Participate in monthly P&L review close calls with the Global Business Finance and Controller's organizations
- Perform lookback audit reviews on a quarterly basis
- Work closely with Royalties team to ensure accuracy in data provider reporting and payments
- Support margin forecasting and reporting process with analysis of historical actuals
- Collaborate with the teams across Oracle for ongoing process improvement efforts
- Interact with Order to Cash team to support collections efforts and to accurately invoice customers
- Perform other tasks related to close and ad hoc projects as needed
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA desired
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-oriented environment
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain big picture perspective
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to summarize complicated analysis for key decision makers
- Location is in Westminster, CO
Financial support to business areas through financial analysis, budgeting, planning and forecasting; to facilitate decision making and future business strategies.
As a member of Oracle*s finance organization, you will be responsible for providing all aspects of financial support for planning and control. Assist in consolidation and reporting of financial results; preparation of annual budget. Gather, model, analyze, prepare, and summarize information for financial plans, operating forecasts, trended future specifications, etc.; on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis. Prepares recommendations based on analyzes. May perform revenue and expense analysis, headcount and headcount driven expense analysis at cost center level, tracking of product and product line revenue, reconciliation of accounts receivable, variance analysis and ad-hoc analysis as needed. You may participate in cross functional programs and projects.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Strong spreadsheet skill and proficiency in Oracle Financials. Strong written and oral communication skill. Ability to work under tight deadlines. Self starter able to prioritize given responsibilities. 5 years relevant work experience. BS/BA in Accounting/Finance preferred. CPA/MBA desired.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.