With revenues in excess of $62 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney aircraft engines and UTC Aerospace Systems. Our commercial building businesses includes Otis Elevators and escalators; Carrier heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems; and fire and security solutions from brands such as Kidde and Chubb. We do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 210,000 employees globally.
This position will work with our Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) division of UTC Aerospace Systems in Burnsville, MN.
This position reports to the finance department, but could also work closely with other departments of the company (eg. business development, operations, and engineering).
Tasks you may be asked to do include:
• Prepare Financial and Cost Analyses for requests that can be ambiguous
• Support the annual budget process
• Prepare a discounted cash flow model on new customer proposals, existing business, and cost reduction opportunities.
• Provide input on strategic implications and recommend alternative proposal options to improve financial returns.
• Maintain financial databases to support financial analysis requirements.
• Prepare financials supporting capital projects.
• Prepare various ad hoc reports and analyses as requested.
• Assist in preparation of costs and revenue forecasts on a monthly basis.
• Prepare data for journal entries required during month end close process. This may include making the Journal Entry in our ERP system (SAP).
• Participate in Continuous Improvement and/or Training Activities.
Qualification: BA/BS degree with 0-2 years experience
- Strong verbal communication skills
- In-depth understanding of financial statements & core finance/ accounting concepts
- Strong ability to complete analyses with minimal direction
- Strong analytical skills (e.g. DCF, make vs. buy, lease vs. buy, M&A modeling)
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Capable of working in a deadline-oriented environment
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to document and support internal control/SOX as necessary
Additional Skills (a plus, but not required):
- Experience with financial statement analysis, discounted cash flow, financial metrics and general ledger
- Working knowledge of financial systems (SAP, Hyperion or similar systems)
- GAAP knowledge
Education: BA/BS Degree (accounting, finance, or business administration preferred)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems