Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Bridgewater
Financial Analyst position resides in the Americas Data Management and Reporting Unit. The candidate will be responsible for supporting monthly closes by producing several key financial reports / reconciliations on GAAP and Statutory basis of accounting. Provide core data to all of the Americas lines of business, in order to meet product and Corporate financial reporting requirements. This position will also review close processes and implement process improvements to accelerate the close and enhance controls with-in data files.
- Responsible for reporting of GAAP and STATUTORY monthly / quarterly financial results for all of Americas lines of business. This will include income statements, balance sheets and Earnings by Source (EBS) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review and revamp all close deliverables as needed to streamline the data flow and ensure a consistent presentation between reports.
- Communicate with Product and Corporate partners to discuss improvements, gather reporting requirements, and implement changes as needed to data files and reports.
- Integrate plan and projection data with financial results drawn from the ledger (HFM).
- Provide financial results including comparisons to prior periods.
- Perform reconciliations in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley guidelines and provide End User Computing support.
- Interface with the Financial Systems group in Tampa on all LOB system initiatives, testing and issues.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- 1-5+ years of experience in accounting/finance or reporting.
- Knowledge of insurance industry is a plus, including GAAP and statutory accounting / principles.
- Requires excellent MS Excel skills, Powerpivot and/or power query
- Working Knowledge data accounting software (PeopleSoft GL and Query, Hyperion, HFM Smartview)
- Data mining and technical aptitude
- Required VBA
- Powerpivot and/or power query
- VBA Knowledge
- Requires excellent MS Excel skills
USB Financial Reporting Support
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.