The Financial Analyst role within Control provides an excellent opportunity for the successful applicant to gain exposure to a wide range of accounting issues, network with a variety of other Finance and non-Finance teams, and be an integral part of Lower 48's financial reporting activities. The successful candidate will be required to support and work closely with the Business to ensure effective delivery of internal controls, performance management processes, and simplification/standardization of reporting and financial processes. Additionally, the Financial Analyst will provide insight and timely advice to the Business on application of accounting policy and compliance over financial reporting, accounting, and control.Key accountabilities
- Support of timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close processes in accordance with the Group Reporting Manual and any other relevant standards.
- Resolution of issues and queries for Businesses and processes with a high degree of complexity.
- Provide support for reporting requirements such as Balance Sheet Integrity, Additional & Supplementary Data for external reporting, and Management Information Reporting to support the Business.
- Look for opportunities to improve their own processes to create efficiencies and control improvements within their own area of work.
- Assist with Business forecasting/planning and analysis of actuals in support of Lower 48 goals and targets.
- Network and work closely with a number of other disciplines and leadership teams including (but not limited to) Business operations and developments teams, broader finance teams, supply chain, land, outsourced accounting support teams, segment policy and reporting teams.
- Involvement in ad hoc projects as necessary.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from a fully accredited college or university.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- 1+ year of relevant experience
- Strong financial accounting and analytical skills
- Sound understanding of internal controls
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight timescales
- Ability to manage priorities with a strong track record of delivery
- Strong impact and interpersonal skills - ability to work with contacts at all levels of the organization
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to understand and distill key messages in a clear fashion
- Self-starter - proactive in initiating actions before being asked to or forced by events
- Ability to coach, challenge, and influence other team members and peers
- Looks for innovative ways to do things better, faster, and more efficient
N/ADesirable criteria & qualifications
N/A Relocation available
NoIs this a part time position?
BP's US Lower 48 (L48) Onshore business operates across a vast US geography, from Texas north through the Rocky Mountains. The business manages a diverse portfolio which includes an extensive unconventional resource base of about 7.5 billion barrels of oil equivalent across 5.5 million gross acres in some of the largest and most well-known basins in the US. Headquartered in Houston (Texas), L48 employs about 1,700 people across six states, operates more than 9,600 producing wells and has 70,000 royalty owners. Our vision is to be the most respected and admired oil and gas company in the Lower 48 US states.
Our Wyoming operations are anchored on the giant Wamsutter tight gas field in the south central part of the state. In the San Juan area of Colorado and New Mexico we produce from tight gas sands and operate the largest coal-bed methane field in the US. Our Mid-Continent operations cover the prolific Anadarko, and is home to the famed East Texas basin, along with the Woodford shale gas play and Arkoma basin. We also have non-operating interests in over 10,000 wells across the US with substantial positions in both the Eagle Ford and Fayetteville shale basins.
In 2015, the L48 Onshore is being established as a separate business within BP's Upstream to manage its onshore oil and gas assets across the US onshore. This effort is being undertaken to improve competitiveness and help L48 remain at the forefront of innovation and development of technologies for unconventional resources.
[ "14-Sep-2017" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.