Job Location: Charlotte NC Alternate Job Location : None
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
The individual will build a partnership with business managers and other Finance & Business team members to develop, implement, and manage expenses that are aligned with the business strategy. Perform a variety of financial studies, analysis, and reporting of financial information. Determine validity of data and provide supporting explanations. Perform a number of daily/weekly/monthly tasks. Work with the various finance groups to complete reports for budget and forecast. Use data to prepare short term and long term projections. Work quickly and diligently to resolve issues. Work on ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Prepare financial reports by downloading information from single or multiple sources; compile databases and formulate spreadsheets; interpret trends, analyze results and explain to both Business and Finance management
- Prepare monthly journal entries as necessary; included but not limited to accruals, re-class and other changes
- Input data into the Hyperion system for both Budget and Forecast
- Analyze a variety of data, determine validity, explain monthly actual vs. budget, actual vs. forecast variances, draw conclusions & make recommendations
- May participate in interpreting financial trends.
- May assist in Developing business requirements, documenting procedures & processes, and testing as a subject matter expert on cross functional IT/business teams developing financial systems or financial accounting transactions and controls within administrative systems.
(5 -7 bullets)
- 2-5 yrs. financial experience in a public or private company environment; insurance industry experience preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using MS Excel including several advanced functions such as pivot tables, lookup, etc., MS Access is a plus
- Working knowledge of accounting concepts, principles and practices
- Experience with general ledgers (PeopleSoft) and reporting tools (Hyperion) is a plus
- Strong business analytical abilities, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others
- Ability to perform responsibilities in a demanding and fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Accounting or Finance
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.