Financial Analyst – Business Planning & Analysis
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Location: Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Posted: January 10, 2017
Reference ID: 174605BR
This is an opportunity to join the Business Planning & Analysis team within the Corporate Controllership function. The Business Planning & Analysis team is responsible for partnering to drive the accurate and efficient accounting and forecasting of COGS-related accounts. Additionally, the team is responsible for providing analysis that can translate financial information in a way that helps drive more informed business decisions; particularly in the sales and manufacturing process.
In the Financial Analyst - Business Planning & Analysis role you will play a key role in reporting, analysis and support of EMCs COGS and Inventory related accounts.
· Reporting and analysis in support of the Corporate COGS forecast process
· Inspect forecast variances and provide analysis and commentary explaining the key drivers of the variances
· Partner with teams spanning finance as well as sales and manufacturing to track and document the key inputs that impact the COGS forecast
· Assist with the build-out of predictive forecast models that improve the accuracy of and visibility into COGS-related expenses
· Perform analytics and generate reports/presentations that help make better informed business decisions
Work on projects are aimed at improving processes and data integrity
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
**Critical Hiring Criteria:**
· Strong desire to learn and take on new tasks
· Ability to build cross-functional relationships
· Strong analytical skills; detail oriented
· Experience with SAP (or equivalent) and reporting/BI tools
· Advanced excel skills
Sense of urgency and accountability
Finance & Accounting
200 - STORAGE CORPORATE
US - Massachusetts - Hopkinton