Under general direction of the Senior Manager, Finance - Pricing and Contract Management, the Commercial Contract Management Financial Analyst is responsible for leveraging data and analytics to verify, validate, and ensure alignment to contracted commercial commitments. The Financial Analyst will assess assigned commercial portfolio for adherence to Drug Company priorities, pricing policies and governance frameworks. The ideal candidate will drive innovation by building new tools, processes, and workflows that aid in the monitoring of portfolio performance. The Financial Analyst will be engaging with Drug Company leadership teams in Finance, Sales, Commercial Operations, and Legal to drive commercialization of various Contract Management workflows. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Responsible for providing analytical support to Sales, Finance, and other business teams in regards to Channel and Customer pricing performance against agreed upon contractual commitments.
- Performs monthly and quarterly detailed analysis of transaction level data; synthesizing findings into relevant trends and correlations and assisting in the construction and implementation of solutions that drive revenue and margin optimization.
- Actively participates in the development of customer pricing strategies and tactics for assigned channels / classes of trade.
- Collaborates with Business / Customer Operations and other teams to ensure timely and effective on-boarding, set-up and maintenance of required pricing rules and conditions in consistent alignment with commercial contracted commitments is achieved.
- Develops and manages tools to facilitate pricing tactical execution and measure effectiveness to defined goals / objectives.
- Participates in quantification and impact analysis of existing or proposed pricing policies, procedures and governance frameworks.
- Collaborates with Sales, Finance and Sourcing teams in the development and preparation of commercial performance forecasts, projections, and plans; based upon numerous variables and data assumptions.
- Owns and supports initiatives geared toward streamlining current processes, creating new processes and using new technologies and systems.
- Performs related duties as assigned
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, pricing, marketing, economics, statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, strategy, finance or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Requires minimum 3 years of directly related and progressively responsible experience, including at least 1 years' experience in analytics and project/process management.MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Sound expertise in financial / mathematical / statistical modeling and analysis.
- Proven ability to work analytically; synthesizing vast data into relevant, actionable information.
- Ability to implement and manage projects / processes aimed at driving simplification, standardization, or adherence to policy.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Very strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently.
- Good presentation skills.
- Fluency in Microsoft Suite applications (Word, Project, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).