The FP&A Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Business Unit facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your FP&A leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, customer service initiatives to improve productivity and reduce costs. You can have an impact on profitability by being a proactive business partner to Customer Service Operations to help them achieve their financial objectives.
• Perform research on business results of the plan and forecast as well as the financial reporting and operational analyses for the business client.
• Compiles data and procures supplemental financial information to create/update the outline of Business Plan (BP), Commitment View (CV), Best View (BV), including testing the accuracy and consistency of the deliverables, and compiles analysis of financial statements.
• Compiles and tracks the monthly analyses of business trends by incorporating deliverables from the Center of Excellence (CoE), including variance analysis of financial results and KPIs.
• Assemble and track monthly business trends by incorporating deliverables: including variance analysis of financial results and Key Performance Indicators.
• Perform analytical assignments and prepare/distribute actual and budget reports.
• Assembles financial reporting and performs preliminary analysis (i.e. model outputs) and provides resulting data and documentation to the business client, leveraging CoE data and deliverables.
• Supply financial data for the capital planning & tracking process.
• Provide insights into the performance, variance and risks identified within financial and operational reporting.
• Compile data and create the outline of profitability/costing models to analyze risk and growth opportunities.
• Perform profitability analysis and develop recommendations to address performance issues.
• Assists stakeholders with setting up performance incentive initiatives and ensures compliance with company policies. Partners with CoE on tracking and reporting.
• Test economic drivers of the business client; including minutes of work, shrink.
• Communicate with stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
• An Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
• One or more years of relevant experience.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with proven focus on Excel.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
• Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
• Understanding of corporate financial planning (i.e. business planning, budgeting, forecasting, capital), reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
• Knowledge of common business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis ideal.
• Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry preferred, but not required.
• Knowledge in Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Strategic Finance preferred.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.