Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 23,000+ team members are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
- Support DC Operations leadership team with analysis of operational and financial decisions
- Support, analyze and assist in preparation of annual budget, quarterly and long-term forecasts. Responsible in partnership with Business owners for operating expenses and capital spend.
- Prepare and analyze summaries of results. Assess risks and opportunities and identify key operational and financial issues to be addressed. Provide recommendations.
- Continually improve analytical techniques, forecast accuracy, and automate, refine and improve reporting; reducing data gathering time and providing actionable analysis and commentary
- Develop and continually improve analytical capabilities; able to work through complex business issues, and provide actionable reporting in order to meet financial and strategic commitments
- Provide financial and decision support to DC Operations ($300M annual opex) on key performance indicators and financial results. Understand the business drivers and impact of decisions in order to provide proactive business counsel.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as required
- 1-3 years of experience in corporate finance or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with Senior leaders
- Ability to effectively collaborate with the internal Finance team and cross-functional business partners
- Ability to build relationships and influence decision making without having specific authority
- Comfortable operating in a dynamic and complex organization
- Strong work ethic, team-oriented and customer-focused
- Strong competency in relevant financial analysis, modeling and analytics
- Excellent Excel skills. Knowledge of SAP and Business Objects preferred.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.