Global External Manufacturing Financial Analyst position is a key contributor in the Shire Tech Ops Finance team. This position involves cost of sales P&L analysis and inventory control and reporting. Key job responsibilities include:
- Support planning and reporting exercises and provide monthly consolidated results for Global External Manufacturing product P&Ls and inventory management for the Small Molecule, Biologics and Plasma Operation Units. This includes running monthly and ad hoc reports to analyze transactional detail and research variance drivers.
- Focus on refining global process standardization and automation.
- Assist in preparation of budgets, quarterly forecasts and long range plans to support timelines communicated by Global Tech Ops Finance. Working closely with business partners to understand budget/ forecast requirements and provide overview and recommendations as necessary.
- Partner globally with Shire Finance Teams by providing accounting support activities including:
- Valuating inventory for the necessary reserves
- Correcting BOM consumptions issues
- Develop annual and new standard costs
- Reviewing purchasing and yield variances
- Preparing monthly journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Review the supply chain inventory reconciliations with external partners
- Ensure the effectiveness of established internal and Sarbanes-Oxley controls
- Participate in all aspects of internal and external financial and operational audit
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance and one or more years of relevant experience in the following areas:
- Strong business acumen and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of GAAP accounting principles especially Cost accounting
- Strong interpersonal communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with SAP and Hyperion Financial Manager (HFM) is a strong plus
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.