Under moderate supervision of the Finance Manager, performs various financial analyses for regional and distribution center operations as well as generates revenue reports for the sales & marketing functions. Provides financial reporting to management to ensure revenues and expenses are monitored and operational issues relative to finance are highlighted and addressed. Location
: Brooks, KY (15 miles south of downtown Louisville, KY) PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Analyzes monthly divisional, regional and functional financial statements and operating expenses.
- Prepares monthly financial analysis and reports; generates monthly forecasts.
- Develops, coordinates and prepares regional, distribution center and sales & marketing operating expenses for financial plans.
- Assists sales management in generating reports for the purpose of acquiring new business and initiatives; calculates customer pricing and profitability.
- Monitors the adherence of credit terms and loan agreements by acquiring and analyzing the financial statements of all borrowing customers; establishes and monitors the adherence to credit limits.
- Develops and prepares productivity and efficiency analysis for distribution centers and sales & marketing functions.
- Conducts pricing analysis for new and existing ABC customers prior to contract signing or renewal.
- Develops financial proformas to support capital expenditure requests utilizing discounted cash flow analysis to calculate net present value and discounted rate of return (internal rate of return).
- Prepares and monitors all capital expenditure requests and related expenditures.
- Analyzes gross profit components on a monthly basis and reports significant variances.
- Monitors physical inventories, such as inventory adjustments and inventory control procedures.
- Analyzes monthly variances of revenue; reviews expense reports specifically for travel as well as other expense invoices.
- Generates ad hoc analysis reports as needed.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree program, technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of one (1) to two (2) years directly related and progressively responsible experience. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of various financial management areas such as credit and collection principles, commercial credit, uniform commercial code, financial statement analysis, business law, plan development, productivity and profitability analysis.
- Understanding of ABC policies, philosophy, goals and objectives in order to affect financial oversight in protecting the company's assets.
- Working knowledge of accounting and planning software packages.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to follow and interpret profit and loss statements
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.