This position will review/validate personal property tax returns, screen and reconcile property and real tax assessments, review and propose all property tax payments. The scope of responsibility includes researching property tax issues, audit and refund assistance, coaching of Accounting Assistant(s) in all areas of property tax. This position will interact with Shared Services Center personnel, Corporate Tax, and outside vendors in an advisory role to provide assistance and support when needed. The overall goals of this position are to ensure compliance with property tax laws, develop and implement strategies to minimize and reduce the overall tax burden of the company, minimize audit payments and exposure issues, implement process improvements, identify, propose and develop best practices.
- Review and file all required monthly property tax returns
- Review and approve tax bills in PTMS
- Create/export check uploads in PTMS
- Validate payments have posted, issued and cleared in PTMS and SAP.
- Review accuracy of property tax calendars for all required property tax filings, tax payment deadlines and assessment appeal periods.
- Review personal and real assessments and resolve any discrepancies with the relevant taxing authorities
- Assist RTR G/L Tax Accountant in preparing annual property tax budgets as required
- Assist RTR G/L Tax Accountant in the resolution of property tax accrual research items
- Assist Corporate tax with tax audits, appeals and projects
- Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the Property Tax Procedures manual
- Responsible for OCR implementation within PTMS, troubleshooting OCR system issues and developing processes related to OCR
- Lead user acceptance tester for all system updates related to PTMS
- Identify best practices/procedures and develop recommendations to enhance efficiency and effectiveness to the overall property tax compliance process
- Monitor, respond and resolve questions/issues submitted to the property tax group e-mail box.
- Review property tax phone log and delegate requests to the appropriate team member(s)
- Coach Accounting Assistant(s) in handling miscellaneous tax matters
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Support role to the manager
Education: Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent, relevant tax experience is required
- 2 or more years of previous experience in an Accounting Support role required
- Basic knowledge of personal and real property tax principles required
- Beverage industry experience preferred
- Previous experience in a multistate personal and real property tax environment required
- Experience with internet tax research tools is preferred
- Experience with PTMS personal property database is preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- SAP and MS Access experience preferred.
- Understanding of database concepts is vital for success in this position.
- Competent analytical skills
Team Skills/Collaboration: ability to work effectively in a team environment and across teams where necessary, to develop relationships throughout the company and to work collaboratively.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Speaking/Writing: Clearly articulates ideas, opinions, feelings and information so that others understand them.
- Project Focus: Ensures the progress and timely completion of designated projects.
- Attention to Detail: Ensures that all necessary steps are taken to perform tasks in a quality manner; effectively proof and edit work.
- Professionalism: Handles issues with confidentiality and diplomacy.
- Flexibility: Adapts behavior in dealing with changing situations and people. Is open-minded and adjust priorities in response to unanticipated events. Willing and able to adjust work schedule to accommodate overtime to meet required deadlines.
- Time Management: Gives balanced attention to appropriate long-term and short-term priorities, coordinates and organizes resources in efficient and effective ways to accomplish goals.
Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.