Under general direction of the Director of FP&A, this role is responsible for FP&A functions: planning, forecasting and performance analysis surrounding the impact to the World Courier NorthAm P L. This role will serve as a finance integration point between Sales, Accounting, and Operations involving data validation, exception reporting, and forecasting of customer revenue and profitability. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Assists in prepares annual revenue, gross profit and expense plan.
- Creates monthly analysis that includes trending of revenue, gross profit and expenses; analyzes details of variance drivers, and a forecast for the current quarter/year
- Provides lead team with monthly summary of performance
- Strives for continuous process improvement in assigned areas
- Generates ad hoc analysis reports as needed
- Performs related duties as assigned
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree program, technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of two (2) to four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong understanding of financial processes and systems including knowledge of various financial management areas such as credit and collection principles, commercial credit, uniform commercial code, financial statement analysis, business law, plan development, productivity and profitability analysis.
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, data mining tools including data warehouse applications, SAP, Hyperion Essbase, MS Excel, Power Point, Word and other query and reporting tools
- Fundamental knowledge of profitability analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish good relationships; drives long lasting change across functional boundaries; ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Strong business acumen in the areas of economics and finance; understands operational impacts on financial processes
- Understanding of ABC policies, philosophy, goals and objectives in order to affect financial oversight in protecting the company's assets
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Sedentary physical activity requiring reaching, sifting, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking and hearing.
- Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- 75% or more time is spent looking directly at a computer.
- Associate is frequently required to stand, walk (or otherwise be mobile).
- Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.