Under general direction of the Finance Director, performs various financial analyses for regional and distribution center operations as well as generates revenue reports for the sales & marketing functions. Provides financial reporting to management to ensure revenues and expenses are monitored and operational issues relative to finance are highlighted and addressed. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Analyzes monthly divisional, regional and functional financial statements and operating expenses.
- Prepares monthly financial analysis and reports; financial statements; generates monthly forecasts.
- Monitors the adherence of credit terms and loan agreements by acquiring and analyzing the financial statements of all borrowing customers; establishes and monitors the adherence to credit limits.
- Prepares and monitors all capital expenditure requests and related expenditures.
- Analyzes gross profit components on a monthly basis and reports significant variances.
- Generates ad hoc analysis reports as needed.
- Post monthly general ledger journal entries (routine recurring journals, revenue recognition, cash receipts).
- Accounts receivable - maintain aged trial balance and reconcile to general ledger.
- Cash receipts - provide checks received to Receptionist for deposit, maintain monthly sub-ledger, reconcile sub-ledger to deposit source documents and to bank statement.
- Accounts payable (code invoices to G/L account, obtain approvals and submit to corporate accounts payable office, generate check requests required by ION Meeting department, expense report verification and tracking, and corporate credit card reconciliation and payment request).
- Generate sales invoices.
- Maintain various sub ledgers and reconcile to general ledger (revenue, fixed assets, prepaid expense, deferred revenue and accrued expense).
- Payroll - Maintain employee time records and submit bi-weekly payroll to corporate payroll office.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree program, technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of four (4) to six (6) years directly related and progressively responsible experience. Experience with Baan General Ledger System is a plus. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of various financial management areas such as credit and collection principles, commercial credit, uniform commercial code, financial statement analysis, business law, plan development, productivity and profitability analysis.
- Understanding of ABC policies, philosophy, goals and objectives in order to affect financial oversight in protecting the company's assets.
- Working knowledge of accounting and planning software packages.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to follow and interpret profit and loss statements
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.