About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Job Description The Financial Analyst III provides planning, forecasting, reporting and financial analysis support for assigned line(s) of business and/or at the total segment level under the guidance of financial management. In addition, The Financial Analyst III provides highly specialized financial consulting and analytical support at the assigned line(s) of business or total segment level identifying key emerging financial trends, measurement of key performance metrics and success factors, line of business and total segment financial target setting and measurement, capital budget and key initiative evaluation and planning, cost and product profitability analyses, specialized reporting and support for special projects. Job Requirements • Conducts complex analysis as it applies to area of responsibility.
• Understands the whole financial function and the key business areas supported.
• Focus is on one or more components of results that have greater complexity (e.g., Expenses, Revenue, Volumes) or on complete results for a single line of business.
• May lead activities of unit, assigning, prioritizing and monitoring work.
• May resolve escalated issues and problems by conferring with staff
• May provide training and mentoring for new and less experienced staff.
• Provides financial, analytical, planning, and forecasting expertise to assist in the development and completion of projects.
• May develop specialized analytical tools for project or ongoing use.
• May develop conclusions and courses of action to rectify discrepancies as well as analyses.
• Develops and analyzes key metric and plan variances and related information.
• May provide cost and product analyses.
• Develops analyses of performance and predictive data.
• Compiles and generates ad-hoc analytical reports.
• May develop financial analytical and forecasting models to test assumptions and predict results of business initiatives.
• May lead additional research efforts, applying expertise in financial analysis.
• May research and review details of business operating metrics and actively seeks to identify and promote new opportunities or products. Qualifications • Bachelor's degree or progressive work experience in addition to experience below
• 5-7 years related experience required
• In-depth knowledge of financial analysis, financial model-building and interpretive statistics.
• Ability to successfully plan, develops, lead, and execute projects.
• Ability to effectively interpret, select appropriate techniques, take independent action, communicate and follow-through.
• Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong interpersonal and consultative communication skills with well-developed presentation skills.
• Ability to manage competing priorities effectively, making good decisions based on business priorities and objectives.
• Practical knowledge of financial analysis techniques and methodologies.
• Ability to employ complex analytical tools and statistics to perform analysis and forecasting of financial and other business information.
• Knowledge and understanding of budgeting and forecasting processes.
• Knowledge of accounting and the associated rules and regulations.
The Credit Card and Merchant Services ("CAMS") team drives the US Cards business with product offerings related to the Franchise Bank, Merchant Services and our Strategic Partnerships with Target, Nordstrom and Retail Card Services. CAMS is a fast paced, dynamic business and represents a key growth driver of the US Bank.
US Credit Card Finance supports the development and achievement of US Credit Cards' financial results by providing insightful reporting, proactive analysis and timely advice to our partners in order to enable them to achieve their business goals and objectives.
Reporting to the CAMS Shared Services and Settlement Manager, the person (in this role) will partner with the Business leads in each of the Shared Services areas - Risk, Finance, Data Governance and Control, Project Management and Business Development. The Financial Analyst will collect the forecasts/plans, develop portfolio analysis and deliver reporting - all of which are critical to business results, strategy and decision-making to various levels of management.
The role requires a broad financial and business perspective, demonstrated problem-solving abilities, and strong partnership skills.
• Consolidate CAMS's Shared Services financial results and review key metrics by analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
• Use the financial reporting systems/tools (Essbase, Hyperion) to efficiently extract data and build reporting templates/decks to facilitate an understanding of the drivers of variances and trends.
• Contribute to the strategic direction of the Finance function by enhancing productivity, efficiency and simplification of existing processes.
• Liaison with senior management team to facilitate reporting and/or ad-hoc financial analyses/special projects.
• Build and manage strong relationships with multiple lines of Businesses and functional groups across the Bank
• Increase productivity by developing automated applications;
• Business degree and / or accounting designation would be an asset (but not required)
• Work experience in a financial institution with financial reporting/consolidations experience.
• Strong analytical mindset with keen perceptive ability and attention to detail to identify drivers of trends upon reviewing financial results and outlooks.
• Strong communication skills - verbal and written - in order to effectively interact across different levels of the organization.
• Ability to balance multiple demands from various sources; must work productively both independently and across teams, while under tight timelines.
• Strong knowledge of Excel (v-lookups, pivot table and macros) and ability to create / manage complex spreadsheets.
• Proficiency in PowerPoint to create presentation deliverables.
• Experience in building data repositories/cubes using Hyperion/Essbase and/or Access ideal.
• Independently manage and prioritize workload. Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New Jersey City (Primary) Mahwah ProvState 2 New Jersey City(s) 2 Mount Laurel
A little about us:
TD Bank is creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people, cultures and languages of the communities we serve.