Financial Analyst III
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Job Description The Financial Analyst III provides planning, forecasting, reporting and financial analysis support for assigned line(s) of
business and/or at the total segment level under the guidance of financial management. In addition, The Financial
Analyst III provides highly specialized financial consulting and analytical support at the assigned line(s) of business or
total segment level identifying key emerging financial trends, measurement of key performance metrics and success
factors, line of business and total segment financial target setting and measurement, capital budget and key initiative
evaluation and planning, cost and product profitability analyses, specialized reporting and support for special projects. Job Requirements . Conducts complex analysis as it applies to area of responsibility.
. Understands the whole financial function and the key business areas supported.
. Focus is on one or more components of results that have greater complexity (e.g., Expenses, Revenue, Volumes) or on complete
results for a single line of business.
. May lead activities of unit, assigning, prioritizing and monitoring work.
. May resolve escalated issues and problems by conferring with staff
. May provide training and mentoring for new and less experienced staff.
. Provides financial, analytical, planning, and forecasting expertise to assist in the development and completion of projects.
. May develop specialized analytical tools for project or ongoing use.
. May develop conclusions and courses of action to rectify discrepancies as well as analyses.
. Develops and analyzes key metric and plan variances and related information.
. May provide cost and product analyses.
. Develops analyses of performance and predictive data.
. Compiles and generates ad-hoc analytical reports.
. May develop financial analytical and forecasting models to test assumptions and predict results of business initiatives.
. May lead additional research efforts, applying expertise in financial analysis.
. May research and review details of business operating metrics and actively seeks to identify and promote new opportunities or
products. Qualifications . Bachelor's degree or progressive work experience in addition to experience below
. 5-7 years related experience required
. In-depth knowledge of financial analysis, financial model-building and interpretive statistics.
. Ability to successfully plan, develops, lead, and execute projects.
. Ability to effectively interpret, select appropriate techniques, take independent action, communicate and follow-through.
. Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
. Strong interpersonal and consultative communication skills with well-developed presentation skills.
. Ability to manage competing priorities effectively, making good decisions based on business priorities and objectives.
. Practical knowledge of financial analysis techniques and methodologies.
. Ability to employ complex analytical tools and statistics to perform analysis and forecasting of financial and other business
. Knowledge and understanding of budgeting and forecasting processes.
. Knowledge of accounting and the associated rules and regulations.
The Project Financial Team provides end-to-end project financial support including: development of business case financials; facilitating project planning and forecasting, providing insightful reporting and analysis; reviewing and challenging project assumptions, as well as acting as the finance point of reference for relevant policies, methodology, tools and training.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Project Financial Center-of-Excellence, the role of the incumbent will be to provide financial support to the Segment Project Portfolio:
• Perform the role of financial project controller to the assigned project(s)
• Work with Business Sponsors, Project Managers and Segment Finance to develop and review business case financials. The incumbent will provide financial expertise and oversight to ensure financial and accounting standards are followed and properly reflected in the business case
• Lead and manage all aspects of project financial tracking and reporting of costs and benefits for the assigned project(s), ensuring alignment to annual fiscal budget, including segment costs and savings by department (and cost centre where required)
• Conduct a monthly review of financial results relative to key benchmarks including quarterly and yearly Project Plans and Forecasts. Highlight critical changes and/or risks to the portfolio.
• Provide input to Technology and Segment finance team for monthly reporting, quarterly forecasting and annual planning.
• Participate in both the annual business plan and financial forecast cycles.
• Generate and develop financial / strategic portfolio analysis & insight for various senior executive/management teams. This requires the consolidation of data from various financial sources and the ability to transform financial data into meaningful and actionable recommendations.
• Managing data integrity - become a subject matter expert with respect to financial sources and source systems (GL's, forecast files, working knowledge of project reporting systems (i.e. Clarity). Monitor and develop controls to ensure monthly portfolio reporting is aligned.
• Promote a positive work environment that encourages productivity, innovation, creativity, teamwork, analysis and advice - act as a role model.
• Develop relationships with key stakeholders (Segment Finance Partners, TS, Operations, Shared Services, PMO, Business Management, Governance, etc.)
• Document and communicate processes and controls around project authorizations, business cases and tracking of the financial impact of projects.
• An accounting designation or working towards a designation (CPA/CGA/MBA) would be an asset
• Previous project experience and preparation for SCOPE meetings would be an asset Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at email@example.com. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New Jersey City (Primary) Mount Laurel ProvState 2 New Jersey City(s) 2 Cherry Hill ProvState 3 Maine City(s) 3 South Portland