At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Partner with IT and business teams to use business knowledge and technical expertise to develop short-term and long-term information technology investment strategies, plans and goals to support business strategies. Work with the IT Planner to oversee the entire portfolio of IT projects and initiatives within the organization. Collaborate with IT executive leadership in maintaining ongoing partnerships with clients. Work across business areas to align investment strategies, technology, and processes for planning and reporting.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Partner, facilitate, and support IT functions related to long range IT project planning, resource planning, IT business planning, business case reviews, and project authorization and governance. . Subject Matter Expert for Project Portfolio Mgmt process.
- Partner, facilitate, and support IT functions related to Service Level Agreement (SLA) billings, Vendor Service Billings, Performance Metrics, and lead cost saving initiatives by collaboratively working with key business and IT leaders.
- Provide financial oversight of budgets to ensure accuracy, availability, and timeliness of information. Support Application Portfolio Management tracking respective to IT organization (labor, non-labor, infrastructure cost tracked at an application/ portfolio level).
- Maintain and enhance engagement with business and IT partners and other stakeholders. Includes initiation and executing of small projects to deliver solutions to meet stakeholder needs.
- Establish positive team environment by proactively assisting and training less experienced personnel. Support process improvement opportunities and provide performance and development feedback.
- Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function.
s degree in Information Technology, Finance, or related discipline and typically 5 to 8 years relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of business practices and processes related to budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting.
- Advanced technical skills include, but not limited to, Excel, Financial reporting tools (i. e. Hyperion), Access, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint.
- Strong problem solving and analysis ability.
- Experience leading small IT projects or sub-teams and knowledge of IT project management.
- Skilled in tracking, trending, and data analysis.
- IT Financial Planning and Budgeting skills, with experience providing big picture oversight over multiple projects.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and function in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work with remote project teams.
- Advanced degree in a related discipline.
- SharePoint Administration skillset (ability to design, configure and transform business process flows into SharePoint workflow, and overall site administration).
- HP Project Portfolio Management (PPM) experience
- Business analyst expertise to aid in long range planning (i. e. business case reviews, benefit analysis, planning activities, etc.).
- IT Project portfolio management experience.
- Resource planning experience.
- Utilizes understanding of customer's business needs to determine requirements.
- Applies technical expertise to support required deliverables and processes.
- Helps other team members learn appropriate theories, practices and principles that relate to their skill set portfolio.
- As assigned, manage budgets, planning portfolios, performance reporting for area of responsibility.
- Expected to work under minimal supervision.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor