Overview: About Aramark:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . About LifeWorks:
Founded in 2008, LifeWorks Restaurant Group creates customized restaurants in office buildings that are unique to each client organization we serve. Our goal is to "Inspire Life at Work" and our chefs are dedicated to the creation of menus that use local ingredients to prepare sustainable, authentic dishes from scratch each day. From the beginning of each client relationship, the team at LifeWorks Restaurant Group establishes a transparency with its partners, from space design and delivery to the marketing of the final, branded product. For more information, please visit: http://lifeworksrestaurants.com
Description: As the Accountant/Financial Analyst
you will support the objectives of the Accounting department while assisting operating departments with forecasting, budget, labor and inventory controls, analysis, auditing as well as operational responsibilities for the units you are supporting. Acts as a strategic and analytic resource for the Business Units, prepares reporting, including and annual client budget and requisite weekly, monthly, and annual reports. Manages AP, AR and payroll. You will also work with the Food Service Directors and be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- You will establish and maintain systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing and serving of food and related products, as well as menu planning and development.
- You will assist in unit forecast and unit accounting.
- You will ensure that requirements for appropriate sanitation and safety levels in respective areas are met.
- You will coordinate and supervise unit personnel regarding production, merchandising, quality and cost control; labor scheduling and staffing; employee training.
- You will conduct period inventory and perform other functions such as maintaining records to comply with ARAMARK, government and accrediting agency standards.
- You will also be responsible for daily interaction with the client and client's customers and/or employees.
- Ideal candidates will possess a bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting and 3+ years of experience in AP/AR, payroll, guest ledger/city ledger and P&L.
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer service, entrepreneurship and building and growing a strong business is essential for success in this role.
- The ability to implement improved quality control procedures as well as to communicate effectively with clients, client customers and support staff is required.
- Responsible for responding effectively to changing demands.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is required.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is desirable.
- The ability to work closely with a team in budgeting, cost controls and monthly reporting is critical.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.