At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Financial Analyst for the Drug Delivery Systems Division located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Financial Analyst
position at Drug Delivery Systems Division will have a unique career development opportunity where you will be the cross functional team member providing financial counsel to all areas of business management i.e. Business Development, Manufacturing and R&D. Counseling role includes being part of teams involved in new product launches, pricing, capital and R&D spend, gross margin optimization, operating and strategic plans, quarterly operating reviews, and monthly rolling estimates.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide Financial counsel to the organization leaders and multiple functional teams
- Work with the U.S. business team and a limited number of 3M subsidiaries
- Finance representative on global business teams, providing monthly analysis of worldwide financial results and attainment of targets
- Engage/Partner with USAC in the U.S. P&L close each month, including necessary analysis
- Work closely with manufacturing on driving cost down and inventory valuation for the business
- Partner with the Research & Development organization to drive project prioritization, resource allocation, budget management, and support New Product Introduction processes.
- Provide analysis of operating department budgets and counsel
- Provide financial analysis of investment opportunities, new product opportunities, acquisitions and divestitures, pricing plans, etc.
- Develop, Drive and attain the annual operating plan and monthly rolling estimates
- Articulate results of financial analysis, influencing business thinking, and negotiating outcomes to ensure business results attainment
- Proactively develop analysis and work with business to drive change
- Assure full compliance with U.S. GAAP and 3M financial standards
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Accounting and/or Finance
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Financial Statement Analysis and Presentation
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience providing Business Counsel
- Minimum of one (1) year of Manufacturing Financial Counsel experience
- MBA in Finance, Accounting, or Economics from an accredited institution
- CPA/CMA certification
- Strong interpersonal/teamwork skills/abilities. Ability to interact with people at all levels
- Project management experience
- Minimum one (1) year of cross functional teaming experience
- SAP experience
- Sound analytical skills and Solid communication skills
- Considers implications beyond own area across functions, businesses, countries
- Ability to find alternative paths to reach objectives, proven problem solver
- Demonstrates ability to think \"outside the box\" and embrace change
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% Domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.