At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Finance Analyst for the Industrial Business Group, Advanced Material Division located in Oakdale, Minnesota
There is a challenging and career broadening opportunity for the position of Business Finance Analyst supporting the Advanced Material Division. AdMD is a large and growing business with a substantial global footprint. This financial analyst will become the right hand to the US Subsidiary Business Leader by providing proactive financial counsel, investment prioritization, while ensuring
SOX and GFS compliance. Additionally, the person hired for this role will partner directly with the division finance manager to develop the operating plan, strategic plan, and QOR. .Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide proactive financial counsel to US business and manufacturing teams to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Become the right hand of the business by properly understanding the business models and influence the decision making process. Provide ongoing business performance assessment and drive necessary business redirection, when appropriate
- Support Business Unit/Manufacturing leaders through monthly analysis of results, P&L forecasting, ad hoc analyses
- Work with USAC/PAC/GSC to ensure that the financial statements are prepared in accordance with GAAP and 3M's Global Financial Standards.
- Develop financial forecasts - operating plan, strategic plan, QOR.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) combined years of experience in accounting and/or finance
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Longview
- Plant accounting / manufacturing financial counsel experience
- Willingness to challenge the status quo
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to integrate external data to drive business decisions
- Demonstrates ability to think \"outside the box\" and embrace change
- CPA/CMA/Strong foundational understanding of financial statements
Oakdale , MN Travel:
Up to 10% domestic Relocation:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.