Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT), is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors, to which it provides custody and management of their assets; accounting, daily pricing, and administration of their funds; the information and analytical tools that help them make investment decisions; and the foreign exchange, cash management, credit, and electronic trading services that help them negotiate complex, global financial markets efficiently and effectively. Founded as a bank in 1792 in Boston, Massachusetts, State Street had $27.51 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.25 trillion in assets under management at December 31, 2015. State Street operates in more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 32,000 worldwide.
The Capital Management group within Global Treasury is responsible for the following functional areas: Capital Policy and Guidelines, Capital Plan, Capital Structure, Stress Testing and end-to-end program management for the Federal Reserve's annual Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR). Recent regulatory developments related to Recovery and Resolution planning (RRP) has expanded an enterprise wide effort to strengthen State Street's capacity to plan and respond effectively in extreme and catastrophic stress scenarios. State Street is required to submit both a Recovery and a Resolution Plan annually in accordance with Federal Reserve and FDIC guidance. The Recovery Plan provides a robust framework and solutions for strategic responses to severe financial distress scenarios. The Resolution Plan describes the firm's strategy for rapid and orderly resolution in the event of material financial distress or insolvency. Multi-year initiatives to enhance State Street's organizational readiness for recovery and resolution include the development of tools, protocols, and capabilities and the execution of real-time operating model changes. RRP efforts are conducted cross-functionally, with strong engagement from senior management, functional leaders, and subject matter experts across the organization. This newly created position will support the corporate wide RRP initiative, coordinating capital related issue specific to legal entities, products business units across the organization.
- Support RRP efforts across Capital Management.
- Engage with organizational stakeholders and subject matter experts across the organization to access critical insights and source relevant data.
- Organize and present data with a strategic focus.
- Proactively identify gaps and issues related to business as usual activities and RRP proposed actions.
- Assist with the development and implementation of processes, polices and governance necessary to support RRP.
- 2 - 4+ years of experience in financial services with exposure to CCAR, RRP, capital management, capital forecasting, legal entity accounting or finance, or risk management.
- Accounting and regulatory background preferred.
- Strong analytical skills; comfortable building models and performing ad-hoc analyses.
- Ability to document processes and procedures in both written and flowchart format.
- High degree of attention to detail and focus on error-free execution.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; comfortable making presentations and presenting results and drivers to direct manager.
- Proficient in MS Office 2010, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
Job Opening ID
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.