At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
As part of the Generation Development Analytics Team, assists Director Generation Development Analytics in financial evaluation and development of new power generation assets (gas, wind, solar, nuclear and new technologies). Key responsibilities include financial valuation modeling (discounted cash flow/net present value analysis development of pro forma income statement, cash flow statement and balance sheets) and transaction execution support (lead project management/internal due diligence); for new generation development opportunities, both development acquisition and organic development.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Supports financial modeling (discounted cash flow/net present value analysis) for generation development opportunities. Reviews key financial inputs, develops financial pro forma models
(income statement, cash flow statement and balance sheet) and supports financing/structuring.
- Supports advancements of the standards, processes and tools for generation development. Develops and writes management models that formalize key practices and GOSP.
· Undergraduate degree in financial, technical area specific, such as engineering or computer science. Minimum 2 years internal or external industry specific experience in relevant discipline which would include:
o 1-2 years corporate finance, investment banking or consulting experience in an appropriate combination
o 1-2 years project management experience including plan development, budget management, team management, requirements gathering, delivery and deployment
o Advanced degree and over 1 year experience will be considered in lieu of above-referenced desired minimum experience.
· Experience in preparing discounted cash flow/net present value analysis and pro forma models (income statement, cash flow statement and balance sheet)
· Experience in running a M&A due diligence process
· Experience in preparing and delivering presentations to executives
· Experience in development and transaction processes and documentation
- MBA enrollment or pursuing CPA/CFA
- Knowledge of energy markets and industry participants
- Reports to Principal Project Manager, Generation Development Analytics
- Provides critical support in accomplishing all of the goals/responsibilities of the Generation Development Analytics group.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster