In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
Reporting to the AVP of Structured Reinsurance and SPV Management, this position is responsible for supporting the administration of the company’s captive entities. This includes performing the financial close process, calculating various accrual and settlement amounts, and coordinating requirements and requests related to captives.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, annual financial close process for structured reinsurance entities such as treaty settlement and reconciliations
- Calculate premiums, expense allowances, claim accruals, cash settlements, and other activities as required for the monthly financial closing process
- Coordinate principal and interest repayments
- Collaborate cross-functionally to support the production of required captive annual, quarterly, and audited statements, including supporting exhibits
- Coordinate and prepare various captive requirements
- Provide support on feasibility studies, reinsurance settlement calculations, and financial impact attribution as required
- Develop and maintain business requirements and other supporting project documentation
- Optimize operational efficiency of reinsurance administration through the development and use of tools and systems
- Coordinate various requests from internal auditors, external auditors, and external reinsurers and prepare data and documentation as required
- Support system enhancement and conversion projects as needed
- Support financial analysis of reinsurance entities with data validation and reconciliations
- Perform other related activities as required
Business Knowledge/Technical Skills:
- 3+ years of experience with increasing responsibilities in corporate finance and/or reinsurance entities within large financial institutions; experience with different reinsurance types including YRT, coinsurance, mod-co, etc. preferred
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline required; MBA, CPA, and/or CFA strongly preferred
- Experience with financial reporting and systems development
- Industry leading knowledge of financial markets and economics
- Superior analytical skills and strategic thinking ability
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and management skills with the ability to persuade, negotiate, and arbitrate to influence others to effect change and achieve desired results
- Demonstrated ability to consider multiple views while making business decisions
- Thinks Strategically - Sets direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external perspective to meet domestic needs.
- Creates Partnerships - Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Seizes Opportunity - Seeks new opportunities and ways to create balanced business growth while improving operational capabilities.
- Drives Results - Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
Treasury & ALM
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.