The Pricing team at SoftLayer is responsible for developing a systematic approach to analyzing SoftLayer's competitive landscape in order to evaluate cloud's profit potential and to identify the sources of competitive advantage. The team works with all functional groups across the company to evaluate product profitability and identify how SoftLayer can influence the industry's structure in order to increase market share and improve profitability.
This role will provide ongoing support for key analytic topics such as competitive pricing analysis, product pricing model creation and maintenance, customer deal pricing, building business cases to support competitive positioning within the industry. Specifically, this role will be responsible for pricing new opportunities and reviewing strategic customer accounts for pricing decisions. This role will also be responsible for validating internal SOX compliance for bid approvals and discount verification. This position will be expected to forge relationships across all departments within the company including sales, engineering, strategy, accounts receivable, finance, and the executive team. Key aspects of the Financial Bid Management role include:
- Working with large data sets, analyzing the data to understand the underlying business implications, engaging in discussions on data interpretation, and summarizing findings with an actionable approach
- Developing deal structure recommendations by analyzing the dynamics of key business and industry drivers
- Understanding technology refresh cycles and technology curves
- Providing continuous improvement from structuring and maintaining win/loss reviews
- Presenting key financial metrics for value quantification (Gross Margin, Pretax Income, Payback Periods, etc.)
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.