Job Location: Whippany NJ
This role is within the Investments Finance department and is principally responsible for supporting the International team in the areas of Net Investment Income planning and projections and related analysis and attribution of results. The team delivers results and analysis to the Chief Investment Officer, Chief Financial Officer and other senior level officers on a regular basis. Team members have extensive interaction with Portfolio Managers and Asset Sector Specialists within the Investments Group, as well as with the local country and regional finance teams. This role will provide support to (3) international regions (ASIA, LATAM, EMEA) with a primary focus on ASIA.
- International Net Investment Income Plan and Projections (projection, analysis and reporting).
- Work closely with business counterparts and asset sector managers to obtain model inputs (reinvestment allocation, cash flow assumptions, scarce asset production, notable one-time items, etc.).
- Run projection model: loading feeds, submitting calculations and cube processes, creating custom reports, etc.
- Gain in-depth understanding of all outputs from the model and provide a well analyzed and detailed attribution to senior management.
- Build monthly reporting packages distributed to key business partners.
- Ad-hoc requests. Analyze and implement process improvements.
(5 -7 bullets)
- 5+ years total experience in Accounting, Finance, Investments or an applicable field of expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other areas of applicable expertise.
- Candidate should have sound knowledge of Investments and all asset classes such as Fixed maturities, Derivatives, Capital Markets, etc.
- Candidate should be able to understand impact of investment results to financial statements (balance sheet & income statement).
- Candidate should have sound knowledge of Investment Accounting and impact of investment actions on financial statements.
- Candidate should be able to understand financial disclosures such as Quarterly Financial Statements, 10K, 10Q, Annual Statements.
- CPA, CFA or MBA a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Bloomberg experience a plus.
- Experience with multi-year projection modeling a plus.
In order to post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
Financial Management Group
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”