Job Location: United States : Rhode Island : Warwick, RI
As a Financial Consultant, you will explore a variety of financial studies to analyze and report interrelationships of financial information with focus on expenses for the P&C company. Determining validity of data and providing supporting explanations of conclusions reached.
- Uses data and partners with various areas of the P&C business and accounting to project future short- and long-term scenarios and anticipated results. May support financial analysis/reporting and the integrity of financial data by developing the financial systems infrastructure, establishing controlled financial transaction processing through administrative systems, or providing technical support in the production of reports/analyses.
- Takes part in a variety of month end close processes with accounting and enterprise finance partners, and prepares information to be uploaded into the P&C Income Statement system.
- Maintains regular contact with business partners, and coordinates various reporting of results and development of monthly forecast and annual budgets. Takes part in the development of best practices and process improvement within the group.
- Understands business plans and their relationship to the financial arena.
- Supports financial management as a key internal consulting resource.
- Provides key financial analysis for business partners and partners on multi-departmental projects as they arise.
- MBA degree is highly desired, Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- 7+ yrs. financial experience in a public or private company environment is required.
- 5+ yrs. of experience applying or providing complex technical knowledge and advice on finance applications and/or systems is preferred;
- Insurance industry experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of accounting concepts, principles, and practices preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the business, products and services preferred
CFO US - Expenses ROIs
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.