Financial Consultant II
Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Bridgewater Alternate Job Location : United States : Illinois : Aurora
The Financial Consultant (FC) has overall accountability for the day-to-day financial support of multiple National Accounts clients and is part of an overall account team tasked with delivering an excellent customer experience with MetLife through the administration of the various group benefit products offered. This position will be part of the NorthEast Customer Unit of MetLife’s National Accounts Organization
- Overall accountability for the financial support of multiple complex National Accounts clients: Responsible for the development and completion of customer financial reports, including identifying reporting needs, data and trend analysis and effectively communicates results to meet client needs
- Prepares year-end financial accounting and ERISA reporting for clients; validates monthly revenue projections and responsible for data integrity
- Responsible for monitoring the key financial parameters of internal management reporting and capable of proactively identifying discrepancies, trends, and results that would impact Customer Unit financial objectives
- Accountable for the completion of monthly bank reconciliation reports and monitors client activity
- Responsible for client billing, reconciliation, and partnering with internal and external contacts to ensure billing is entered accurately and timely.
- Participates in client meetings, in person or via conference call, and prepares materials as needed, participates in client account audits and actively engages in strategic planning process.
- Responsible for reviewing and documenting current financial processes and providing information for internal audits as needed. Serves as a key resource and may serve as a subject matter expert to Customer Unit and National Accounts.
- Provides financial support to Request For Proposal process and Implementation of new clients, as well as the addition of new products to existing clients.
- Prepares historical information for Financial Consulting Services to assist them with the renewal and underwriting and actively contributes to client strategy discussions. Demonstrated knowledge of MetLife’s and competitors’ products and industry trends.
- Leads in cross-functional project teams designed to support key National Accounts initiatives or to enhance operational effectiveness
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work autonomously or with others to effectively handle multiple tasks, prioritize deadlines appropriately and remain flexible.
- Advanced accounting/math problem solving skills, including attention to detail, analytical thinking and decisiveness.
- General understanding of U.S. economy and employee benefits industry, including a firm knowledge of group products, services and systems and ability to apply analytical skills to the interaction of these products, services and systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 41201