Job Location: United States : Illinois : Aurora Alternate Job Location : United States : Michigan : Troy
The Financial Consultant (FC) has overall accountability for the day-to-day financial support of multiple National Accounts clients and is part of an overall account team tasked with delivering an excellent customer experience with MetLife through the administration of the various group benefit products offered. This position will be part of the North Customer Unit of MetLife’s National Accounts Organization.
- Responsible for the development of customer financial reports, including data and trend analysis
- Manages the timely delivery of client reports by prioritizing and understanding client needs
- Prepares year-end financial accounting and reporting for clients to comply with ERISA and IRS requirements
- Completes monthly revenue projections and validates data integrity
- Responsible for monitoring key financial parameters, including monthly revenue projections
- Accountable for the completion of monthly bank reconciliation reports and monitoring of client activity
- Responsible for client D&U, reconciliation, and partnering with internal and external contacts to ensure billing is entered accurately and timely
- Participates in client account audits and strategic planning process
- Responsible for documenting current financial processes and providing information for internal audits
- Provides financial support to RFP process and implementation of new clients/new products to existing clients
- Prepares historical information for Underwriting to assist them with renewals and plan change pricing
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 5-7 years of financial/insurance industry experience
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work autonomously or with others to effectively handle multiple tasks, prioritize deadlines appropriately and remain flexible.
- Advanced accounting/math problem solving skills, including attention to detail, analytical thinking and decisiveness.
- Ability to work autonomously; effectively handle multiple tasks, prioritize deadlines appropriately and remain flexible.
- Ability to balance client expectations with MetLife capabilities.
- General understanding of U.S. economy and employee benefits industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Firm knowledge of group products, services and systems and ability to apply analytical skills to the interaction of these products, services and systems.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 40143
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.