Financial Consultant, Comerica Securities
The Financial Consultant is responsible for working an assigned geographical territory and banking centers. The Financial Consultant reports to the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) within the market on all matters concerning specific client relationships and net new business goals. The position's direct involvement in business development is expected to contribute to the achievement of the annual new business goal for Comerica Securities. The position is responsible for managing a significant number of accounts as determined by the RSM. Opportunities sourced in the Retail Banking centers with less than $100,000 in investable assets will be serviced by the Licensed Financial Specialist team if appropriately licensed with Series 6.
Successful incumbents have strong decision making and problem solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of financial markets and instruments, demonstrated customer presentation and customer service skills and demonstrated sales experience.
* Provides advice to customers on securities purchases by informing them of current market trends and recommending appropriate investment strategies.
* Responsible to build their business by adding new clients and additional assets to the business mix. This is accomplished through diligent follow-up of referred opportunities and seeking new business from inside and outside of Comerica.
* Participates in various marketing campaigns, seminars, luncheons, etc. to educate clients on new trends in market while trying to enhance reputation and expand client base.
* Responsible for staying informed as to the economic and political environment and the firm's investment outlook. Further, FCs have a responsibility to utilize Wealth Management tools and stay current on changes to existing products and services and new investment products and services.
* Works with Regional Sales Manager to develop a strategic business plan with measureable results and achieve designated goals to include revenue, referrals and professional development.
* Maintains open lines of communication and periodically meet with clients to inform them of current market trends and recommend appropriate investment strategies.
* Utilizes sales techniques and tools to identify opportunities to grow business.
* Introduces clients to common Wealth Management issues, and make introductions to appropriate Wealth Management and collaboration partners to discuss solutions to any issues identified.
* Ensures that appropriate market transactions are executed and maintain contact with existing and prospective customers by participating in a customer pre-call programs.
* Determines specific customer needs and ensures that appropriate market transactions are executed.
Risk Management & Compliance:
* Required to fulfill all regulatory continuing education and regulatory requirements as established by FINRA. Required to understand and follow all Comerica policies and procedures. Required to respond promptly and completely to all inquiries from regulators, internal compliance and supervision.
Some travel is required of this position.
No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university OR High School Diploma (or the Equivalent) and 3 years experience as a financial consultant/advisor
* 2 years business development of customer service experience, preferred in the financial services industry
* Series 7 and 63 required, 65 or 66 within 180 days of hire
* State Life, Accident and Health license within 180 days of hire
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled