Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Whippany
This role is within the Investments Finance department and is responsible for supporting the International team in the areas of Net Investment Income planning, projections, analysis and reporting. The team delivers results and analysis to the Chief Investment Officer, Chief Financial Officer and other senior level officers on a regular basis. Team members have extensive interaction with Portfolio Managers and Asset Sector specialists within the Investments Group, as well as with the local country and regional finance teams. This role will provide support to all 3 international segments (ASIA, LATAM and EMEA) with a primary focus of supporting LATAM and EMEA countries.
- International Net Investment Income Plan and Projections.
- Full ownership of the modeling and reporting of specific country portfolios.
- Work closely with business counterparts and asset sector managers to obtain key portfolio assumptions and model inputs.
- Gain in-depth understanding of portfolio and projected results to provide a well analyzed and detailed attribution to senior management.
- Build monthly reporting packages distributed to business partners.
- 5+ years total experience in Accounting, Finance, Investments or an applicable field of expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other areas of applicable expertise is highly desired.
- Master’s degree or CPA, CFA is preferred.
- Candidate should have sound knowledge of Investments and all asset classes such as fixed maturities, derivatives, capital markets, etc.
- Candidate should be able to understand impact of investment results to financial statements.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with multi-year projection models.
- Possess strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to partner with people throughout the organization and of various levels.
Up to 10%. Possible international travel if desired
Investments Finance (International)
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.