At Exelon, we've got a place for you Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce. Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits. Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow.
Join our Exelon Business Services Company (BSC) to be part of a diverse and inclusive team that provides best-in-class professional services and adds exceptional value to Exelon’s family of companies. We provide financial, human resource, legal, information technology, supply management, communications, and corporate governance services.
Energize your career at Exelon!
RIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Assist in implementing detailed FCG strategy, processes, and interactions to help Company receive positive assertions from management and attestation from the external auditor regarding the effectiveness of the internal control environment by:
- Executing and documenting SOX program deliverables (including but not limited to: scoping, walkthroughs, design and operational effectiveness testing, RCM creation, and deficiency evaluations) in accordance with Exelon auditing methodology/techniques and program calendar. Independently schedule work per approved calendar, to manage self and to deliver the plan.
- Ensuring that all documented work is properly and logically filed electronically and safeguarded in order to serve as the official record for use by PCAOB or external auditors.
- Participating in the preparation and delivery of FCG updates and training to Business Unit personnel
- Supporting the business with input and evaluation of internal control improvements
- Collaborating with other FCG personnel to ensure consistency and coverage of IT General Controls as well as IT Application Controls throughout the company
- Assisting in the performance of special reviews at the request of Manager/Senior
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Execute and document SOX program deliverables in accordance with Exelon audit methodology/techniques (including but not limited to: scoping, walkthrough, Risk and Control Matrices creation, baselining and benchmarking key reports/functionalities/interfaces, design and operational effectiveness testing of IT Application and IT General Controls, deficiency evaluations) and program calendar, ensuring working papers support results of examinations, and that findings, conclusions, and recommendations are reported in a clear, concise, and timely manner for the business and are maintained to satisfy requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley (this will involve training self-assessment resources and monitoring their progress, when applicable).
- Assist Manager/Senior in serving as liaison/business partner to the business in support of their needs to design or remediate controls – this will include effectively interacting with Senior Management, other key managers, and the external auditor
- Participate in the preparation and delivery of FCG updates and training to Business Unit personnel
- Proactively partner with the business to identify changes which could impact the internal control environment
- Proactively partner with the Controller’s group and Internal Audit in the development, implementation, automation, and optimization of financial internal controls
- Actively provide FCG improvement ideas to Manager/Senior
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline such as Computer Science, etc.
- Three to five years experience in an Accounting or Auditing position or related field
- IT audit and/or IT experience including both public accounting and/or within industry
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated excellence and positive contribution in performing audit, accounting, and/or IT duties
- Strong project management and organization skills a must
- Professional accreditation, e.g. CFA, CPA , CIA, CISA, CFE
- Knowledge of Internal Controls, COSO Framework, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Utility or regulated industry experience a plus
- Will report to the Senior of IT Financial Controls and will interact daily with many areas of the Company to help comply with Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Will train, monitor and oversee Company personnel responsible for self-assessment and interface frequently with external auditors to provide updates and receive feedback on the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance process
- Travel of approximately 30% is required
A little about us:
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.