Financial Controls Manager (Job Number: 024030)
Corporate Office - 302 Wilmot Rd
302 Wilmot Rd
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
We are currently looking to fill (4) Financial Controls Manager positions here at our world headquarters in Deerfield, IL. The Financial Controls Manager is responsible for creating and updating the documentation and review of key business processes and internal controls within the Retail Pharmacy USA Division. Assesses the adequacy of controls and provides guidance on best practices to ensure the strengthening of internal controls over financial processes, operations and/or IT general controls. Manages ongoing testing of internal controls and ensures that processes and/or businesses are in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley ("SOX"). In addition, this role will assist with SOX and other similar certification for assigned business and IT processes. We would highly prefer someone who has a CPA along with public accounting experience on large, complicated publicly traded companies. Job Responsibilities
- Leads the documentation, review and validation of key business processes and internal controls within the Retail Pharmacy USA business to ensure consistency with other WBA Divisions. Performs periodic quality reviews and liaisons with business owners to update documentation accordingly.
- Manages internal control testing plans across the business and IT processes . Ensures testing plans are executed within the agreed-upon timeline and updated to reflect issues identified during testing and additional controls established as remediation.
- Leads sessions to discuss testing procedures and findings with process owners. Partners with the process owners to develop remediation plans to address internal control deficiencies and failures arising from the testing process. Oversees the implementation of identified remediation tactics.
- Monitors processes to ensure changes impacting financial/regulatory reporting are appropriately identified and assessed.
- Provides progress updates to management on documentation status, control testing and deficiency evaluation and remediation.
- Manages the quarterly SOX certification and other monthly certification exercise and provides updates to senior management on the status. Participates as needed to interview process owners and leaders in the Divisional functions to ensure that all certification qualifications are assessed and addressed accordingly.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of experience in accounting, finance, business management, information technology or audit OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in accounting, finance, business management, information technology or audit.
- Experience in Sarbanes-Oxley internal control documentation, testing and assessment.
- Experience in analyzing and assessing risk in business or system processes, evaluating internal controls and developing recommendations.
- Experience applying internal control concepts such as COSO and COBIT.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Visio (for example: making changes to the flow based on changes in the process, changing style and/or formatting font).
- At least 1 year of cross-functional team leadership experience.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Advanced accounting qualifications such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- Master's Degree in Accounting or MBA
- Experience in the Retail, Pharmaceutical, or Healthcare industry.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.