Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That's why after more than a decade Parallon remains dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future.
As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services.
This is a full-time, hourly position with a schedule of usually not less than 32-hours per week and not more than 40-hours per week depending on volume, workload and staffing support.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Visit all self-paying patients in-house
- Provide estimates to patients and/or physicians as requested
- Generate insurance verification and precertification reports daily and follow up with case management
- Post ER and Patient Access deposits into PA system
- Contact insurance companies for patient benefits and precertification requirements
- Review alpha census daily for visits exceeding the original length of precertification •
- Assist patients with payment arrangements and charity applications
- Work closely with outside agencies in helping patients apply for Medicaid and state aid
- Maintain insurance files regarding updates and changes
- Enter pertinent insurance information into CPCS and prorate account
Enter notes into the collections system for all patient encounters
Complete financial analysis and collect estimated patient liabilities Qualifications:
High school diploma or GED required
At least one year of collections experience required
Relevant education may substitute experience requirement