It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Corporate Risk provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, this group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS):
Wholesale Testing & Validation has an exciting opportunity on the Financial Crimes Testing & Validation Team. This position is for a Financial Crimes Consultant 3 who will be responsible for supporting regulatory compliance financial crimes testing and pre-validation activities across Wholesale Banking.
Key responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Working with Wholesale Banking complex lines of business to execute required BSA/OFAC compliance and operational risk testing in accordance with Regulatory Compliance Risk management (RCRM) policies and procedures
- Complete validation coverage activities to assess the adequacy of corrective actions that address the risk and control issues identified by regulators, WFAS, or compliance testing examinations.
- Exhibit creditable challenge and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, and internal controls while maintaining professional independence throughout the testing engagement.
- Document end to end process flows including dependencies, controls, inputs/outputs, systems, gap identification, etc.
- Report findings and provide recommendations to both Wholesale Banking and key Stakeholders.
- Provide compliance expertise and potential solutions to identified gaps and associated risks as applicable to the different Wholesale lines of business.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: fraud, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, investigations of financial crimes transactions or policy violations, risk management, or compliance; or a BS/BA degree or higher in applied sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, or criminal justice, with 2+ years of experience in the foregoing
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all internal organizational levels
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience executing detailed test instructions, deciphering complex documentation, and conducting quality assurance reviews to assess controls or process effectiveness
- Proven ability to quickly learn different processes, in particular BSA processes across multiple Lines of Business
- Background in BSA, specifically conducting regulatory compliance reviews and/or assisting in the validation of identified issues within a business’ program.
- Execution of risk and/or process assessments
- Individual accountability in a highly complex, changing, and fast paced environment
- The ability to provide creditable challenge to ensure established processes are operating effectively.
- ACAMS Certification
- Experience with Wells Fargo controls tools such as CRAS+, CICAT, SHRP, ORIS reporting
- Working knowledge of Wholesale Banking organizational structure, including WFCRC
- Understanding of Wells Fargo's BSA related policies, standards, and different tools/platforms
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.