Job Description :
Baxter International Inc. provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; biosurgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company ' s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter ' s employees worldwide are building upon the company ' s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The Financial Development Internship Program (FDiP)
provides aspiring finance and accounting students with a unique experience in corporate accounting and finance. Through the 12 week Baxter Internship Program, students will be given practical, hands-on experiences designed to align interns with their future career paths as well as the opportunity to:
- Assume full responsibility and contribute in a professional capacity
- Gain experience through Baxter ' s businesses and functions
- Learn from, work with and network with Baxter professionals cross-functionally through the organization
- Make a difference by participating in Baxter sponsored volunteer opportunities
- Receive performance assessments and feedback throughout your assignment
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Consolidate actual financials with analysis of results.
• Prepares general month-end close journal entries.
• Responsible for reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and reviewing trends of each account.
• Prepares monthly reports.
• Provide financial analysis on special projects. Intern Qualifications :
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Solid technical and financial knowledge
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
• Detail oriented
• Good analytical skills with familiarity with accounting, financial analysis and reporting
• A grade point average of 3.0 or higher (on 4.0 scale)
• A diverse set of extracurricular activities
• At least three years of college and are enrolled in school the semester following their internship; Sophomores are considered on a limited basis
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.