Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Apply advanced financial or economic analytical methods and models to such processes as valuation of assets, projection of pricing or risk under varying economic scenarios. Use these tools to develop and quantify risk management strategies for mortgage-based assets or their derivatives. Assess prospective economic and regulatory capital requirements for portfolio assets under varying economic conditions. Develop, or provide guidance to the development of computer applications that perform or produce various pricing, capital requirements, risk management or hedging analyses. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Examine data from segment of housing market in order to perform economic analysis of purchase rates, effects of interest rates, prepayment risk, default risk, or other trends that could affect the products or services of assigned business unit(s).
- Examine particular products of assigned business unit and analyze using standard econometric or quantitative models to assess risk, predict future trends.
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic analyses or reports regarding operating results used by business unit management to make marketing, pricing, product management or risk management decisions over the short to mid term.
- Contribute to the update and maintenance of loan default, prepayment and severity models for the update of business unit products in use in client sites for loan application, credit review, underwriting, and the like.
- Perform economic capital analysis, and other financial analysis when necessary, for review by business unit management in order to support strategic or risk management decisions.
- Perform ad hoc reports or analyses of various credit, asset performance, risk management or similar data as requested by business unit or client management.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 1 years of related experience
- A solid set of SAS, SQL, and Oracle programming skills is required
- Familiarity with Tableau, R and Shinny is desirable
- Must possess critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.