Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress . JOB INFORMATION
Apply advanced financial or economic analytical methods and models to such processes as valuation of assets, projection of pricing or risk under varying economic scenarios. Use these tools to develop and quantify management strategies for mortgage-based assets or their derivatives. Assess prospective economic and regulatory capital requirements for portfolio assets under varying economic conditions. Develop, or provide guidance to the development of computer applications that perform or produce various pricing, capital requirements, risk management or hedging analyses. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Examine data from segments of mortgage market in order to perform economic analysis of borrower behavior, credit impacts, effects of interest rates, or other trends that could affect the value of assigned products.
- Examine particular products of assigned business unit and analyze using standard and sophisticated econometric or quantitative models to assess risk, value, predict future trends, and determine the efficacy of current analytical standards or models.
- Prepare periodic analyses or reports regarding operating results used by business unit management to make marketing, pricing, and product management or risk management decisions over the short to midterm.
- Perform economic capital analysis, and other financial analysis when necessary, for review by business unit management, corporate risk management, or senior management in order to support strategic, regulatory, or risk management decisions.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of related experience
- Programming skills are required, particularly Tableau and R (others a plus)
- Must have financial modeling experience
- Must possess critical thinking and analytical skills, and have strong knowledge in statistics
- Must be able to absorb information and data from multiple sources, apply analytical skills, and produce thoughtful and strategic recommendations for ultimate presentation to the customer
- Demonstrates analytical and research skills as well as the ability to conceptualize more complex issues and develop complex processes, procedures or solutions
- Must be able to set priorities, meet tight deadlines and deliver high quality results
- Strong communication skills when providing analysis to business partners
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter who can effectively contribute to a team atmosphere
- Experience in the financial services, investment banking, lending industries strongly preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.